standards & practices
standards & practices
Our skincare line is botanical based, in fact it is more accurately called ecological skin care because of the symbiotic relationship we have with our plants. Formulating plant-based ingredients for skin care is both science and art. It’s both complex and simple, as intricate as the perfect balance needed for the chemical interactions between your skin and a plant’s biological components. With the expertise necessary to employ a wide array of plants for their most beneficial ingredients, we exemplify synchronization of human-plant interaction. With this said, our standards & practices are as follows,
- Ingredients are certified organic whenever possible.
- If not organic certified, they are certified to be grown without chemicals, pesticides, herbicides.
- Finished products has no less than 90% certified organic ingredients.
- All ingredients are grown and harvested through ecologically sustainable methods.
- Wild-crafted ingredients are gathered ethically, responsibly and without harm to the environment, community or plant sustainability.
- Each ingredient has the sole purpose of benefiting the skin.
- Plant base oils are cold pressed and never heat distilled, which destroys many beneficial oil properties.
- Plant base and essential oils for our formulations are undiluted, unaltered, non-solvent extracted,and non-synthetically modified.
- No nut oils are used in our products.
- Essential oil blends are added at .5 to 1% of total formulation.
- Herbal powders are processed without heat from start to finish.
- Clays are untreated and sun-dried whenever possible.
Hydrosols, distallates are single botanical and certified organic
- Absolutely no GMO.
- No animal testing as far as we have researched
- No child labor as far as we have researched
- No artificial colors, fillers or fragrances
- Fair Trade, local suppliers, and made in U.S.A. whenever possible
as unique individuals, we have different sensitivities, allergic reactions, and possible health conditions. We are not healthcare professionals, therefore, the FDA prohibits us from offering you any and all information regarding prevention or treatment of conditions.
for determining the safest and most effective natural skincare, especially if have know allergies, sensitivities, or health problems, it is best to check with a qualified healthcare professional and aromatherapist to determine which of our products may best suit your needs.
the following basic safety and caution guidelines are based on industry recommendations, and are not intended as complete, conclusive, or up to date.
- Always do a patch test first.(Place a small amount of prepared mixture to the under skin of your arm and leave on for several hours. Examine to see if any skin irritation occurs.
Do not use if you have or develop skin irritation, redness,
itching, any skin discomfort or inflammation.
- Do not use more than directed usage on label. more is not better
- Keep out of Reach of children and pets.
- External Use Only.
- Cosmetic Use Only.
- Do not apply to broken skin.
- Use caution or sparingly around under-eye skin and eyelids.
- Consult your health care practitioner if pregnant or nursing.
- Not for use for any person under 18
- Persons with known allergies to any plant or plant family should avoid using these products.
Keep all closures, caps on tightly. When not in use keep away from water or moisture to avoid contamination.
While products are packages in miron violet glass, it is still recommended to keep products away from sunlight and excessive heat.
Refrigerate hydrosol facial toner (White Rose Adapting Toner and Mist) to extend shelf life
For more information on on safety and guidelines of essential oils, contact:
Starlight Essential/Genbotanicals products and statements within this website have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration.
The products at/from Starlight Essentials/ GENbotanicals are not intended to diagnosis, treat, cure, or prevent any disease, nor is it our intent to prescribe any course of therapy.
Our Company, Starlight Essentials /GENbotanicals is not responsible for any misuse of this product.
The information in our brochures, how to use cards, and on our website is for educational purposes only.