We believe that our Desert Skin Care Collection should support wellness, and nature-based ingredients are the foundation for our holistic beauty practice.
With this in mind, we sources ingredients from the finest growers, harvesters, distillers and processors from around the world. And too, we have friendly, sustained relationships with all of our suppliers. Below is a list of our standards and practices, precautions, and product storage guidelines for your convenience.
Our Standards & Practices
- Every ingredient chosen is to benefit your skin.
- Ingredients are certified organic whenever possible.
- We strive for ingredients without foreign chemicals, pesticides, or herbicides.
- Finished products have 70% certified organic ingredients.
- Essential oil content in our Camellia Skin Defense Face Oil and Pomegranate Recovery Serum is blended at .25 – 1 %
- All ingredients are grown and harvested through ecologically sustainable methods.
- To the best of our knowledge, each wild-crafted ingredient is gathered ethically, and without harm to the environment, community or plant sustainability.
- Each plant foundation oil, (Jojoba, Camellia, Pomegranate) is cold or expeller pressed and unrefined.
- Essential oils are unaduterated, non-solvent extracted,and non-synthetically modified.
- Herbal powders are processed without heat from start to finish.
- Clays are untreated and sun-dried.
All hydrolats (floral waters) products are certified organic, steam distilled, single botanical, and processed from reputable distillers.
- Due to water content, the hydrolates and extracts in our White Tea Rose Adapting Toner contain Leucidal Liquid preservative.
- We promise GMO free ingredients.
- Each product is free from artificial color, filler or synthetic fragrances.
- No synthetic chemicals, foreign preservatives, solvents, parabens, boosters, thickeners, surfactants, colorants, and other non-plant based ingredients are added.
- Our ingredients are not tested on animals as far as our research has shown.
- We are not aware of any child labor abuses.
- Fair Trade, local suppliers, and made in U.S.A. whenever possible.
- We do not formulate with any plant ingredient, including essential oils found on the Endangered Species List. Our Sandalwood essential oil, (Santalum album) is plantation grown in Australia for sustainability.
Not all essential oils are created equal. Through our strict process of selecting our suppliers and quality control, we blend only organic and sustainable essentials oil.
For more about Essential Oil safety, please refer to Robert Tisserand’s excellent book below,
Essential Oil Safety – Second Edition
As unique individuals, we have different sensitivities, allergic reactions, and possible health conditions. We are not healthcare professionals, therefore, the FDA prohibits us from offering you any and all information regarding prevention or treatment of conditions. For determining the safest and most effective natural skincare, especially if have know allergies, sensitivities, or health problems, it is best to check with a qualified healthcare professional and aromatherapist to determine which of our products may best suit your needs.
The following basic safety and caution guidelines are based on industry recommendations.
- Always do a patch test first.(Place a small amount of prepared mixture to the under skin of your arm and leave on for several hours. Then, examine to see if any skin irritation occurs.
Do not use if you have or develop skin irritation, redness,
itching, any skin discomfort or inflammation.
- Do not use more than directed usage on label. More is not better
- Keep out of Reach of children and pets.
- External Use Only.
- Cosmetic Use Only.
- Do not apply oils to broken skin.
- Use caution or sparingly around under-eye skin and eyelids.
- Consult your health care practitioner if pregnant or nursing.
- Not for use for any person under 18
- Persons with known allergies to any plant or plant family should avoid using these products.
Keep all closures, caps on tightly. When not in use keep away from water or moisture to avoid contamination.
While products are packages in Miron violet glass, it is still recommended to keep products away from sunlight and excessive heat.
Refrigerate hydrosol facial toner (White Rose Adapting Toner and Mist) to extend shelf life
For more information on on safety and guidelines of essential oils, contact: National Association for Holistic Aromatherapy